Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby Momma

I apologize for the late introduction!  I am the second half of Choco.meh and the yin to Nancy’s yang.  My name is Sae (pronounced say) Hi Kim – I kid you not.  Like Nancy, I too have little blogging experience; however, share her passion for all things design related.   You might find our styles and point of views may differ at times, but hopefully, rather than leaving you with a hodgepodge of ideas, it will instead provide you with a balanced view of what good design can bring to your life.  After all, as that old saying goes –two creative brains are better than one!

So what does the title of this blog have anything to do with design? Being 7 months pregnant now, and with my career on a temporary hiatus, I now have two avenues in which to pour all my creative energy into--finding the most inspiring designs for you, and that little bun cooking in my oven.  So don’t be surprised if some of my blogs have to do with cute nursery décor, bumpers, pink color palettes--yes, it’s a girl!—and even the occasional layette or two.

I have to admit motherhood can be a bit disorienting.  But what makes up for the ankles turning into cankles, having to check the fridge to see if I left my keys in there, and the 1 am, 3am, and 6 am dashes to the bathroom, is that much of the conventional rules for nursery decor have gone out the window, making nursery design as much fun as it is a unique expression of you.  Blue is no longer just for boys, pink is no longer just for girls, and gender neutral colors such as orange, green, and yellows are popping up everywhere. And because I don't like being constrained to one particular style, I've collected a variety of images that have caught my eye so far.  







 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...