Monday, May 16, 2011

Travel | Uruguay

Over the weekend I happened to pick up a past issue of Conde Nast Traveler and came across a charming article about Uruguay.  And granted I'm in no physical condition to travel for about the next year, and no finincial condition to travel for about, oh lets say the next 18 years (see Baby Momma post), that didn't stop me from scheming on how to make my future Uruguayan trip happen.  Short of selling a body part.  And after reading descriptions such as, expansive breeze-swepted beaches, easy charm, and white-washed bungalows who could blame me? 

With my imaginary itinerary consisting of nothing else but escape, unwind, and relax, the next decision would be where to stay.  Lucky for me there is no shortage of chic and design minded accomodations along Uruguay's Moldonado coastline.  One of the top two places on my, where-to-stay-if-I-were-ever-in-Uruguay list, is Estancia Vik located in Jose Ignacio.

Designed by architect, Marcelo Daglio, Estancia Vik's Spanish Colonial architecture is made up of numerous white, adobe-walled courtyards with idylic reflecting pools, gardens, and poolside lounges where guests can drench in the sun.



 








Every space at the estancia is created by different local artisans and artists, such as Marcelo Legrand, giving each room its unique flair and design. 







And with the use of original artwork and sculptures, alongside spaces infused with natural materials, the rooms at Estancia Vik express the owners' celebration of nature, art, and architecture.











Later this week I'll post the second accomodation I wouldn't mind spending my lazy, Uruguayan afternoons at.  And with an eclectic design and use of repurposed materials, it definitely caters to the more Boho chic jetsetter.


photos via Haute OC and White Wall Magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...